Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon & X1 Yoga: New materials and Whiskeylake CPUs

Mark shows us Lenovo’s updates to the popular ThinkPad X1 Carbon and X1 Yoga laptops at CES. New build material and 8th Gen Intel Whiskeylake CPUs highlight the updates.

Shot on a Canon C100 Mark 2: https://amzn.to/2GxZ2JT

Follow PCWorld for all things PC!
——————————­—-
SUBSCRIBE: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=PCWorldVideos
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/PCWorld/
TWITTER: https://www.twitter.com/pcworld
TWITCH: https://www.twitch.tv/pcworldus
WEBSITE: http://www.pcworld.com

25 thoughts on “Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon & X1 Yoga: New materials and Whiskeylake CPUs

• January 10, 2019 at 19:15

if it has powerbridge at least, i will buy a X1 even for its atrocious price

• January 10, 2019 at 21:44

LOL. Even from this camera I can hear that laptops COIL WHINING like crazy. Can hear that clearly at around 3:20
    How is that an upgrade?

• January 10, 2019 at 22:51

Love the older lenovo yogas that had both power and portability. And these new ones are nice, but (and this is a massive but) we need a dedicated GPU in these that isnt a joke. Looking at you 130M and 150M. Why cant we get a 2 in 1 laptop that has upgradeable storage and ram with a gtx 1050 ti. At the minimum.

• January 11, 2019 at 06:59

I decided to give them a try with the 6th Gen and with HDR screen. It doesnt live up to the hype even with max specs. I bought my t450s with hot swappable battery tops specs and is this better than this one. The key travel on the previous gen was just horrible and let us not start with fan noise or battery life…

• January 11, 2019 at 22:14

Upgrade and repair ability? why does no one bring that up when reviewing laptops, it's why a won't buy an Apple or Microsoft surface, I want to order a new battery or upgrade the ram or SSD myself without sending the computer to the other side of the country just to get hosed for a simple task. I'm looking at ordering a Thinkpad but still trying to decide which is the best choice for me

• January 12, 2019 at 02:19

Does he really need to read from that piece of paper? It’s not that he jotted down notes on his speech about quantum physics… Jesus Christ!

• January 12, 2019 at 07:20

Can U suggest some laptops for medium level CAD Designing & ANSYS analysis……For fluid mechanics analysts

• January 12, 2019 at 23:58

i totaly hate the big ThinkPad Logo on the palmrest

• January 13, 2019 at 22:43

they should make thinkpads in 16:10 again. this is the one thing the macbook pro does right. imagine a thinkpad with 16:10 thats a macbook killer

• January 14, 2019 at 15:22

I guess I'll have to read the review, since honestly I don't understand what's so special about this laptop. Not the most powerful or the thinnest/lightest, and certainly not aesthetically pleasing. And for that price?

• January 15, 2019 at 05:55

"…IBM, oh sorry, Lenovo…" sounds very political to me. Do you know Lenovo charges their own countrymen much higher prices than they do in the US for the same products?

• January 19, 2019 at 21:24

Guys! Why didn't you mention the huge improvement on the Yoga I just noticed: the inset keyboard!!!! AHHHH now there is no downside to the Yoga.

• January 20, 2019 at 22:56

Do the keys sink into the laptop like the previous generation?

• January 21, 2019 at 05:49

Guaranteed to be slow one year from time of purchase

• January 21, 2019 at 15:53

I bought X1 carbon gen 6, It is a terrible design really. You can check it yourself. If you use Ethernet gen2 cable which comes by laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad Ethernet Extension Adapter Gen 2) in order to connect the normal Ethernet cable to the laptop, you cannot use USB-C that is located beside that as these ports are too close to each other and the design of the extension cable is too silly and thick that prevents you have two ports in the same time!

• January 25, 2019 at 01:32

I'm hoping someday they will provide a version with no knob and touchpad buttons.

• January 25, 2019 at 06:08

Hope it doesn't break. Because then you'll have to cope with the Lenovo service, where politeness meets attempts to avoid repairing at their expense.

• January 25, 2019 at 14:07

Congrats! Successfully killed the series. I'd rather choose even the first generation than this fancy toy laptop. Who the hell told you, that thikpad users want that childish ridiculous carbon pattern top. And speaking of the Yoga its the worst joke ever, shiny aluminium… Thanks Lenovo that i can finally discover other brands!

• January 29, 2019 at 22:15

Since when x model had yoga version, I bought Yoga 370 because x model didn’t had Yoga back than.