Dell XPS 13 9380 unboxing & quick benchmarks

Gordon unboxes the Dell XPS 13 9380 and does some quick benchmarking compared to some previous XPS 13’s – the 9360 and 9370.

Shot on a Canon C100 Mark 2: https://amzn.to/2GxZ2JT

Follow PCWorld for all things PC!
——————————­—-
SUBSCRIBE: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=PCWorldVideos
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/PCWorld/
TWITTER: https://www.twitter.com/pcworld
TWITCH: https://www.twitch.tv/pcworldus
WEBSITE: http://www.pcworld.com

49 thoughts on “Dell XPS 13 9380 unboxing & quick benchmarks

• January 10, 2019 at 02:05

I know the cam placement matters for people who use the webcam a lot, but after using the 9370 that top bezel would kill me. imo that top bezel just looks awful I’d rather buy an external webcam. Also no face scanning is really not great. I use that every day

• January 10, 2019 at 02:20

Most adults do not cover up the webcam and most companies are not chasing the Dell XPS even though is a very good machine. Walk any to any Starbucks and count the number of Dell XPS vs MacBook Airs. Your Mac ate has led to delirium. Jeez,

• January 10, 2019 at 02:21

Update the XPS 15 to 15", slimmer, 4K, SD card slot, lighter etc

• January 10, 2019 at 02:44

Hi Gordon, should i wait for the 9380 to come out or just go for the 9370 now?

• January 10, 2019 at 03:08

If nobody care about MacBook anymore why are you still talking about it? Are you retarded?

• January 10, 2019 at 03:08

Same design for 5 years.

• January 10, 2019 at 03:23

those things are so awesome. just wish the screen ratio wasnt so lame.

• January 10, 2019 at 04:09

The gold&white version in 2018 is the ugliest xps machine. Dell's products also have coil whine problem definitely need to be resolved.

• January 10, 2019 at 14:25

Recently bought the XPS 9370. In terms of antivirus, it comes with McAfee but I've heard it's not great, can anyone recommend anything better please?

• January 10, 2019 at 15:28

But where is the updated 2-in-1? They updated the 9365 with a newer processor, but was seriously hoping fora 9375 or 9385.

• January 10, 2019 at 18:26

Guys I need help. I would like to return to windows, but I am afraid of the viruses and don't want to buy an antivirus. Any advice?

• January 10, 2019 at 18:30

Can you imagine if Dell combine the 2017 chassi with the new bezel, but with the new thermal system & specs?? They could put a MX150 and build the PERFECT ultrabook!

Great laptop, amazing performance, good thermal, many *ports!*, and a BIG battery!!

• January 10, 2019 at 19:26

Seeing a sharp caliper being held to the screen is giving me anxiety…

• January 11, 2019 at 04:30

Finally a good video on this, and never understood why all reviewers complain about the webcam, rather have thinner bezels

• January 11, 2019 at 22:32

Nice, but is/will there be an LTE version for some of us, looks like that's the only thing missing.

• January 12, 2019 at 01:14

spec at around 16 on a print out (??). It's mostly nonsense before this fucking guy prints (??) out some benchmarks. This is an embarrassment.

• January 12, 2019 at 02:18

only people that work with the laptop and webcam care about the webcam being there. now the bezel is thicker rather than thinner, so fail for everyone els. So yea I would rather buy the old one than the new, just because of bezel and even win hello. so if DELL listened to the whiney youtube reviewers about the came having any meaning what so ever, they should stop listen so much to the reviewers and rather start to listen to the actual costumer. But, of course if the costumer again is from business people then I can understand the decision for sure

• January 12, 2019 at 03:00

They do not seem to offer matte display even for this model. It seems then that very few of us like this type of display otherwise they would offer it.

• January 12, 2019 at 06:11

looks way too wide. Wish they do 3:2 or 16:10 Also no matte ? Heard it was coming

• January 12, 2019 at 11:56

you open that with your Rambo knife?!
    My god! Yoh handle things like a neanderthahler dude!
    I bet you damage a lot.

• January 12, 2019 at 21:28

1080 touchscreen available yet?

• January 13, 2019 at 01:01

boy that video is hard to watch with all the stuff on the table. in your next unbox video put the carton off the table. the camera man should also do further training

• January 13, 2019 at 11:00

Apparently you are obsessed about the MacBook otherwise you would not mention it first thing in the videos. You need therapy for being childish. Everybody care about the MacBook including you.

• January 14, 2019 at 19:39

the 9360 does support charging via its usb c port. You do need a 45W or higher charger

• January 15, 2019 at 04:10

USB-c/tb3 charging was supported all the way back to the 9350. It still had the barrel charge port but if you used a dock that charged, it would charge and extend port availability.

• January 15, 2019 at 06:21

Why does dells website not have a option to buy this at 899-999 in black ! Do not want white ! Why do I need to spent 1299 to get a color I want ! Dell stop the games please !

• January 16, 2019 at 02:29

Thank you very much for this review. I'm gonna look to buy an XPS 13 and honestly I don't care about webcam (I don't use one from ages) or opening with 1 hand the screen, but I prefer the color ROSE GOLD I hope they will keep for the 9380 too because I'm gonna buy it nd I would like to buy in white rose gold. Thanks again for comparison

• January 16, 2019 at 12:42

5:30 9350 is the original XPS 13 with the Infinity Edge display.

• January 18, 2019 at 17:21

Any chances to benchmark them in games with an egpu + gtx 1080 or smth similar? Cheers!

• January 21, 2019 at 20:07

The upgrade is nearly about nothing to say the least. Windows Hello became Windows goodbye (

• January 23, 2019 at 06:24

You are actually wrong about USB C power charging for 9360, it is supporting usb c power charging, actually I have 9350 and I am using usb c power charging every day, just look at the usb c ports sign, there is power sign there.

• January 27, 2019 at 20:48

I'm picking up the 9380 in a few weeks! Just can't decide on a color. That frost whute is nice. But im not sure about the white deck.

• February 1, 2019 at 22:06

Did you have any issues with downloading updates and programs? I just got one of these and I get a popping noise from the center of the laptop when downloading things.