Tetsuya Mizuguchi’s 30-Year Journey To Create Tetris Effect

Tetris Effect turns the iconic puzzle game into a hypnotic experience that could only have come from the mind behind Rez and Lumines, Tetsuya Mizuguchi.

19 thoughts on “Tetsuya Mizuguchi’s 30-Year Journey To Create Tetris Effect

• October 31, 2018 at 17:07

This is such a cool story. Thanks for making this video. You can really tell how much this means to him and his perfect of a time it is for him to be working on this game. I’m totally hyped for this.

• October 31, 2018 at 17:12

I thought it said Tetris Effect with Meshuggah i got excited for a second

• October 31, 2018 at 17:33

Tetris is such an interesting thing in that its game series is just developed by a different developer every time.

• October 31, 2018 at 17:38

Dude looks pretty good for 53 yrs old.

• October 31, 2018 at 18:04

lol from dev point of view sometimes i think Tetris is the first voxel based game ever not minecraft

• October 31, 2018 at 18:21

Gust give us the song in the trailer already

• October 31, 2018 at 18:29

Is this exclusive to PSVR? Or can I play it on ps4 as well?

• October 31, 2018 at 18:35

The video is so lame. This "developer" made a Tetris! OMG. No wonder nobody watches this channel now.

• October 31, 2018 at 18:53

If you haven't seen Tetris Effects' E3 2018 trailer, close this video right now and watch that!
    Mizuguchi-san is such a humble man. He can worked on some amazing experiences, but he still passionate to make more. Huge respect!

• October 31, 2018 at 19:46

Will you be downloading the Tetris Effect demo?

• October 31, 2018 at 20:00

You want to know what classic you should revisit? I thought the answer was obvious. Child of Eden.

• October 31, 2018 at 20:54

Im just going to say it. Tetris Effect will be my GOTY and I’m not ashamed….

• October 31, 2018 at 21:09

I remember at an MCM years ago I played one of his previous games, Child of Eden, and enraptured by it I found myself basically stalking the game…..this ended up with me on Gamespot's stage playing it on kinect in front of a crowd, and yet even with the crowd watching I just zoned into it, i normally get so nervous in front of that many people but with that game I just zenned out, forgot anyone was there, it was an incredible experience. Later I got a signed piece of concept art sent to me and I've treasured it ever since. I do hope like with Rez infinite this does come to PC where I can experience it as well, because Mizuguchi has done nothing but good to me in my life, and I wish only to enjoy his work more as a way to repay him somehow.
    What an incredible man, I have nothing but thank yous for him (oh and cheers gamespot too, without you guys I'd never have that poster :))

• October 31, 2018 at 22:01

Unpopular opinion – Lumines is the best puzzle game ever made. Even better than tetris…