Huawei Mate 20 Pro: The best phone you shouldn’t buy

Mike Simon takes us through Huawei’s new Mate 20 Pro, and tells us why you probably shouldn’t buy it.

Follow PCWorld for all things PC!
——————————­—-
SUBSCRIBE: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=PCWorldVideos
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/PCWorld/
TWITTER: https://www.twitter.com/pcworld
TWITCH: https://www.twitch.tv/pcworldus
WEBSITE: http://www.pcworld.com

23 thoughts on “Huawei Mate 20 Pro: The best phone you shouldn’t buy

• October 17, 2018 at 21:50

do you live in your moms basement.

• October 17, 2018 at 22:07

well mine is in the post.. arrives the 26th it will work on most US networks fine..

• October 17, 2018 at 22:34

All that impressive hardware, but Huawei no longer allows their bootloader to be unlocked. Updating the OS after Huawei ends support limits the potential longevity of this phone, which is a consideration when dropping so much money on a phone.

• October 17, 2018 at 22:43

I don't want one because of the notch and I won't buy it because I already bought the note 9

• October 17, 2018 at 22:53

First time ever watching a pcworld video, just listening to this guy I want to call him Egon. Subbed.

• October 17, 2018 at 23:28

That's what's funny. It's cool for us to import Apple, Samsung, and other well known phones from China. Be good to have a US version of these. Give the others a run for their money.

• October 17, 2018 at 23:30

The mate 20 and mate 20 pro actually don't have the same cameras. The mate 20 only has 2x zoom instead of 3x and 20mp main camera instead of 40mp.

The mate 20 also has a headphone jack, the pro does not.

• October 17, 2018 at 23:36

So many misinformation in the video, charger is 40 W fast-charger and the camera specs aren't the same for the pro and the non pro versions. The pro has a 40+24+8 MP cameras, the non pro version has 12+16+8 MP wide, ultrawide and telephoto cameras. Please read the specs carefully before making a new video, misinform people is bad.

• October 17, 2018 at 23:48

Canada will have it. Rogers will do If you want to use it on ATT – it should be just fine. Half baked review

• October 18, 2018 at 00:21

The cameras a little different , between the two phones ,i believe 🤔

• October 18, 2018 at 00:24

As long as the phone doesn't shatter if dropped from waist height , I'm all for the glass sandwiches. A 5 inch bezel less display with a beautiful screen and good protection is what i would like to buy. I used a 6 inch device that my friend has for a while and felt that its too big and inconvenient for me even though i have pretty big hands. The smaller pixel really hits the sweet spot.

• October 18, 2018 at 00:26

I am pretty sure the cameras are not the same between standard and pro, Make sure you check this before buying the standard!

• October 18, 2018 at 01:08

Are you going to do a Meizu 16th or the plus model in the future too or have I just missed it?

• October 18, 2018 at 01:16

Yea it sucks that I won't be getting this afterall. I looked up the supported U.S LTE bands from their site and I couldn't find support for Bands 66 or 71. 😔

• October 18, 2018 at 01:24

You haven't tested the signal yet yelling out loud. My huawei mate se works great in the US. Ironically, my wife's xs max have shittest signal ever on a phone.

• October 18, 2018 at 01:43

Great phone. What will happen if you put Mate 20 pro on the Mate 20 pro's back with both of them wireless reverse charging enabled? 😀😀😀

• October 18, 2018 at 02:10

it s better than a iphone. too expensive apple。

• October 18, 2018 at 02:19

I am really beginning to enjoy these PCWorld Android videos, the presenter really finding his style and producing great content.

For me the question I would have is we have seen reports in which US govt. employees are recommended to not purchase certain Cinese brands of phone, the implication being that there some kind of Chinese state sponsored compromising of data…. Are these valid concerns, or more political maneuvers to throw shade at foreign tech firms and bolster home grown industry?