Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Makes No Sense (And That’s Okay)

Assassin’s Creed games have never been that realistic, but Odyssey’s mechanics and narrative clash in so many ways it’s dizzying. Somehow, though, it all kinda works.

30 thoughts on “Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Makes No Sense (And That’s Okay)

• October 8, 2018 at 00:33

1. Give me my shield

2. Give me a true allegiance to a faction where I can at least enter their camps because I’ve single handedly conquered territories for them

If I can have that I’m fine with this game

• October 8, 2018 at 00:49

0,48. Thanks for the propaganda UBI. At least I didnt buy the game.

• October 8, 2018 at 01:10

He literally turned and pressed y to assassinate that guy, thats the players fault

• October 8, 2018 at 01:15

Yeah you guys might want to google the word "mercenary"

• October 8, 2018 at 01:18

Go play some Zelda. Makes sense …. You are more than hilarious. Unsubscribed. Your criteria and motives are obvious.

• October 8, 2018 at 01:38

When's the last time Ubisoft made a game worth $60?

• October 8, 2018 at 01:41

You know what doesn’t make sense? When you said “dive off into a pile of leaves” then you jumped into a pile of hay……

• October 8, 2018 at 01:41

O as a assassins creed fan I think the series has always been rooted in science fiction so magic knives aren’t out of the question… legit there is a race of old gods out there and your after the apple of eden lol

• October 8, 2018 at 01:52

Cause the game would have taken 2+ more years to develop to program in all the different possibilities of branching narrative without being a buggy mess that we get from Bethesda???

• October 8, 2018 at 02:06

Gamespot writer 1: "it's not a Sony game and it's getting too much praise. What should we do?"

Gamespot writer 2: "ummmm uhhhh let's make some dumb, nonsensical video about why this game makes no sense. Hurr durr"

• October 8, 2018 at 02:09

I just feel that Assassins Creed has always had the worst, most convoluted plot line ever. They claim to be based on historical events but then in Origins, they ignore all the aspects of typical Egyptian social system like how the slaves were the primary source of construction and how the pharaohs were corrupted men idolized as gods. There are many other flaws in all the other games but if your going to make such a twisted plot, just make everything fiction so at least some of your story makes some sense.

• October 8, 2018 at 02:15

This video is fucking dogshit. It isn't cool to hate on Assassin's Creed anymore. This game is getting universal acclaim and you're trying to pander to the 5% of people who still think it's edgy to insult the franchise – stop it.

• October 8, 2018 at 02:18

The bar is low for journalism these days, maybe I should apply. I can remember names of all the protagonists of the game I play.

• October 8, 2018 at 02:37

oh no how dare a video game be fun & be filled with content

• October 8, 2018 at 02:46

"The player cannot die from falling"

Uhm… what about leap of faith, ever heard of it? if they can survive that unrealistic fall then the normal fall wouldn't too.

• October 8, 2018 at 03:31

This is a reaview?… really?¿ WTF or a fanboy of saints row on AC saga?

• October 8, 2018 at 03:32

I've been playing odyssey having fun with it if I want to kill Athenians I kill em. If I want to kill Spartans I kill em. I just go with the story and do what I want. It's fun to play if you don't take it seriously. It's just a game have fun with it

• October 8, 2018 at 03:47

“Historically accurate settings”
    What?
    The whole point of Assassins Creed is that it’s AntiHistory showing what did NOT happen. Just look at the main villains and the actual people in history based on them. They are NOT the same person in AC at all

• October 8, 2018 at 03:49

Watching this video shows me how absurd I was with Nartuo. It doesn’t matter how nonsensical it is when ultimately its only purpose is to continue to fight.

• October 8, 2018 at 03:54

Are you kidding me? This game is the most coherent Assassin's Creed has been in years. You have no idea what you are talking about. The story in this game is amazing.

• October 8, 2018 at 04:11

Man this series is so shitty. I think I am glad Ubisoft isn't making Prince of Persia or Splinter Cell. Fuck they really have descended into madness.