WWE’s next PPV Hell in a Cell is happening later today, and as we get closer to the event, more and more rumors start spreading around the internet. However, there is something fun about checking all these rumors out. More often than not, these rumors are totally bunk, but most wrestling fans enjoy knowing more about what’s going on backstage, even if the info isn’t 100% accurate.
Things are sure to get chaotic when WWE’s PPV Hell in a Cell comes to the WWE Network and PPV on Sunday, September 16. This year’s event will be hosted by the AT&T Center in Dallas, Texas, and the show will begin at 7 PM ET / 4 PM PT with a Kickoff Show starting one hour prior. There will be multiple title matches and at least two confirmed Hell in a Cell matches at the show.
So far, there aren’t any huge rumors leading into Hell in a Cell yet, but WWE programming still has to get through this week’s episodes of Raw and Smackdown to push forward, which is usually when the rumor mill really starts moving. Below, you can see the latest rumors for the upcoming PPV. If you’d like to know more, check out the updated match card for the show and our predictions.
As rumors get confirmed or debunked, we’ll keep you updated.
- Becky Lynch and Charlotte have been battling back and forth on Twitter, and Charlotte posed the idea that their match should be a Hell in a Cell match. As of this writing, that would make three of the event’s matches contested inside the cage. [UPDATE] The match doesn’t have this stipulation yet, and it doesn’t seem like it will be added.
- The AT&T Center has revealed some of the card for the PPV. One match has not been confirmed by WWE, and the card is always subject to change. The new addition is Rollins & Ambrose vs Ziggler and McIntyre for the Raw Tag Team Championships. [UPDATE] Match confirmed and recently added to the card.
- Shawn Michaels may be coming out of retirement for the next Saudi Arabia show on November second, according to Wrestling Observer. Apparently, he would be involved in a tag match.
- It’s looking like Kevin Owens vs. Bobby Lashley will be added to the card, according to how Owens’ storyline is going, with his most recent attack on Lashley. [UPDATE] It’s hours before the event, and this match hasn’t been added. It seems very doubtful.
- Many are speculating that Nikki Bella will interfere with Ronda Rousey’s match, in order to set up Bella/Rousey for WWE’s all-women’s PPV, Evolution, for October.
- Kurt Angle has been away for a while, and according to Sportster, Hell in a Cell or the Raw after the PPV could be when he returns, in which he’ll battle Constable Baron Corbin so Angle can get his spot back as General Manager.
Make sure to come back to GameSpot on Sunday for live coverage of Hell in a Cell.