COD Black Ops 4’s Changes Could Backfire

Black Ops 4’s changes make a play at Overwatch and Fortnite fans while risking what makes the game comfortable to veterans.

Subscribe to GameSpot! http://youtube.com/GameSpot?sub_confirmation=1

38 thoughts on “COD Black Ops 4’s Changes Could Backfire

• August 13, 2018 at 00:19

Its for people who like cod but want something different.

• August 13, 2018 at 00:22

All the kids are playing Fortnite. It’s bright, you get to dance and it’s “free”. The diehard COD players are dying off because the games all over the place.

• August 13, 2018 at 00:22

It to many games coming between September and October and cod 4 is not catching my attention at all this year

• August 13, 2018 at 00:29

I preordered on Thursday so I could check out the beta. I haven’t purchased a CoD game in 4years but I usually like to give the beta a chance to see if maybe this will be the year. It turns out it’s not, yet again. The battle royale mode seems intriguing but I’ll cancel my preorder and maybe take a shot if the game goes cheap on Boxing Day sales..

• August 13, 2018 at 00:50

COD was equal with a war story(good or bad, doesn't matter) which try to give you a meaning(purpose) for playing that game! Take away that and you will be getting just one of the thousands of multiplayer game already out there. Just end up repeating playing the endless hour with 6 years old kids witch blame your mother for something! Thanks but no thanks! So if I don't want that ,where is the game for me, not only me but the other thousand of single player enthusiasts gamers? So we will not buy the game(because there is no game)!

• August 13, 2018 at 00:58

It feels like the best CoD in years (way better level design and pacing) IMO, and Treyarch is proving once again it's the only CoD studio willing to shake things up.

• August 13, 2018 at 01:22

I got early access to the beta so I figured I'd try it out. This is the first time I've played a cod game since the first Black ops and now I remember why. The community is so toxic it's ridiculous. I was getting cussed out in my second round because I was a "noob"… In a beta! 😂. The cod community needs to chill.

• August 13, 2018 at 01:38

They need to focus on game modes like snd

• August 13, 2018 at 02:16

This game doesnt even know what it is anymore, and it has definitely lost its identity. I believe one day that COD will recover, but as someone who used to play every day, and who hasnt played at all in about 6 months, I can say confidently that I am ok with not being stuck in cod. Ive found love for other types of games and I think this break will provide a healthy return to cod one day.
    Im just trying to say that I think most people just need a break. Youll be surprised.

• August 13, 2018 at 02:17

To be honest the only weapons that I've been using are the 2 pistols and 1 shotgun. Pistols are broken btw in a good way a pocket sniper (the revolver) and the stock bayonete pistol. The revolver with the operator mod is a 1 shot kill to the head.

• August 13, 2018 at 02:17

I dislike that the game is trying to be more appealing to younger gamers yet the game is rated M

• August 13, 2018 at 02:23

I used to buy the game every year. Now I'm still stuck on Black OPS III. Keep thinking I'll get the new game and then find something in the game I don't like. I've never bought any of the added maps or loot. They get my $60 and that is it. Hmm, wait another year or not? 🙂

• August 13, 2018 at 02:26

I think the game is kinda ok. My biggest problem with COD is COD points /weapon supply drops and pay-to-win which we all know will come to this game more sooner than later. It’s literally the only thing that keeps me from buying any COD game.

• August 13, 2018 at 03:29

Id buy it if they didnt have a season pass its bullshit to double dip

• August 13, 2018 at 03:34

Nice vid, glad you didn't do the forced humor at the beginning, but still showed the gag at the end.

• August 13, 2018 at 03:41

What made me quit cod was lack of innovation with no new engines and no real advancements for the games graphically, riddled with micro transactions and season passes even after paying AAA price, no true weapon balance even at end of cycles, no real large game modes due to inability to have the servers run smooth, clear lack of creativity with the recycling of old maps repeatedly, piss poor spawn system with no actual safe spawn zones, maps weren't designed properly for snipers since MW2 likely due to the dawn of quickscope, became too much about score streaks rather than real gun play, adult age restriction on a game clearly aimed at and made for kids. I can go on but i think ive listed enough reasons why cod is no longer cod but rather a shoddy game trying to pass for the shadow of a great Fps shooter from 2008

• August 13, 2018 at 03:44

Having a 3 year dev. cycle is a bad thing for CoD in my opinion.

It’s just feels like a revolving cycle of new hit or miss features & minor innovations only to be absent in the next release. One step forward & two backwards, instead of all 3 devs. having a collaborate effort to really build on CoD gameplay & mechanics

• August 13, 2018 at 04:14

This COD is for the HARDCORE COD players. Newbs are gonna get pwned.

• August 13, 2018 at 04:46

Let me address the elephant in the room. This game is a $60 affair, as usual. All points touched upon, both for and against, are in regards to multiplayer. What does GameSpot think about the Campaign? Oh, right.

• August 13, 2018 at 05:11

OPINION: the name for this game made people hate it. Maybe something like Call Of Duty Online???

• August 13, 2018 at 05:41

Some of the worst games journalism I've seen since last week

• August 13, 2018 at 06:21

BFV has evoked more than BO4. It's just the marketing of BFV is horrible.