DOOM ETERNAL – Full Gameplay Reveal Presentation | QuakeCon 2018

Watch the full presentation of DOOM Eternal at QuakeCon 2018 including three full gameplay demos.

45 thoughts on “DOOM ETERNAL – Full Gameplay Reveal Presentation | QuakeCon 2018

• August 11, 2018 at 10:34

"Remember, 'Demon' can be an offensive term. Refer to them as 'Mortally Challenged.'"

Serious props to the writing staff, this is serious creativity XD

• August 11, 2018 at 10:35

The dash was a great thing to put in the game. That's gonna be fun.

• August 11, 2018 at 10:39

Doomslayer must have had a huge erection/came when he heard "BFG 10000"

• August 11, 2018 at 10:41

Waste of ammo killing the health zombies with a gun

• August 11, 2018 at 10:48

Idk the glory kills seemed a lot less weighty and far less gory than DOOM and the whole “invasion” thing seems like a lot of nothing. The reason why I loved DOOM so much was because it dared to be different. It defied all rules of the modern fps and said “fuck you my game is better because it has blackjack and hookers”. This gameplay feels far less eventful and heart-poundingly exciting to me because I see a lot of backsliding into generic fps. The grappling hook I’ll give a pass because it looks useful but the invasion thing is a bad sign to me. I just hope this alpha footage doesn’t fully reflect the final product.

• August 11, 2018 at 10:49

Thank you, Bethesda-ID, for showing us that AAA game companies can still be trusted to make games for fans, rather than games for consumers.

• August 11, 2018 at 10:57

Hey cool trailer wish the world wasn't framed like "oh they made the world a melting pot for demons" smacks me as the kind of shit your turbo racist uncle would fantasize about but replace demons with Muslims or whatever and you get his crackpot shit.
    Fuckin' just throwing that out into the cascading abyss and saying the Gatling shotgun attachment rules and no other AAA game will have a better shotgun then that.

• August 11, 2018 at 11:02

You don't need to talk about how good doom is for four minutes. Just show doom.

• August 11, 2018 at 11:05

I might just be being super nitpicking but the sound effects sound too high pitched and happy. Doom should have deep and angry sounding guns imo. Still looks fun to play though

• August 11, 2018 at 11:06

Can’t wait to kick some d- I mean mortally challenged ass!

• August 11, 2018 at 11:07

"Nothing is holding you back!"
    except from a drokking NPC for a stupid talking "story down your throat" scene (Doom4)
    What a lie…

• August 11, 2018 at 11:08

i like how its all "warning: demons are fucking everywhere" and turns around and changes its tone, warning the demons that the slayer is there. fucking cool as shit.

• August 11, 2018 at 11:08

Even humans were scared shitless of him..and hes on their side

• August 11, 2018 at 11:09

That gun at 9:10 sounds piss weak but DAMN shoulder mounted flame thrower?? Don't mind if I do.

• August 11, 2018 at 11:09

Remember demons can be an offensive term, refer to them as mortally challenged xD

• August 11, 2018 at 11:12

What happened at 17:20? Did it just skip the whole part where they talk about the tech?

• August 11, 2018 at 11:17

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!

WHATS THE BFG 10K SHOOTING AT?

• August 11, 2018 at 11:17

Bringing back the Arch-Vile? HELL FUCKING YES BABY, GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!!!!

• August 11, 2018 at 11:22

Not sure how so feel about all the new movement and stuff.

I feel like more of the same wouldn't have hurt.

It also looks a lot more cartoonish which I'm definitely not a fan of.

If we go by astetics alone, the previous entry beats this by a country mile.

• August 11, 2018 at 11:23

This… is the most beautiful thing- *holds back tears …I have ever seen…

• August 11, 2018 at 11:25

I want to hug whoever thought to add a hookshot to super shotgun. Such a simple, but elegant addition.

Backcannon for using grenades and other toys? Flamethrower? Yes, please!

Loving arsenal retooling in general. Machinegun is looking somewhat gauss saw there. Oldie plasma looks like it'd be a fun weapon to explore.

New mobility options, maps to allow to use them. Yes, please.

That intro section got full on robocop vibes. And kinda quake 4 looking orbital defense cannon too.

About only nitpick I can think of is sound effects of guns' impacts and mobs themselves getting lost in the action. If both this and previous DOOM would have sound design on the level of Quake 1, they'd absolutely knock it out of the park. As is, they are 'simply' excellent.

• August 11, 2018 at 11:30

"Please remain calm. You may notice a slight change in the environment. Fear not – it's all part of the plan."
    5:08 Lady, if that sort of desolation was your plan, you need one hell of an intervention.

• August 11, 2018 at 11:32

So, will this game need eighty gigabytes of update data like the first one ultimately did?
    Yeah, I picked up Doom on PS4 earlier this year and I am NOT fucking exaggerating. My internet is fast, and it still took SIX FUCKING HOURS for all the updates to download and install. It's a miracle my standard PS4 could even hold it all.

• August 11, 2018 at 11:33

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH I FEEL LIKE I'M GONNA HAVE A HEART ATTACK!!!

• August 11, 2018 at 11:36

More of the same… and it looks fuckin awesome