New 8BitDo controllers at E3 2018: N30 Pro 2, SN30 Pro 2, SN30 Pro+, and Zero 2

Adam checks in with 8BitDo to see the new line up of controllers they announced during E3 2018. The SN30 Pro 2 gets some new color schemes, the N30 Pro 2 gets added functionality like rumble, the SN30 Pro+ is their first full size option, and the Zero 2 easily fits in your pocket.

Follow PCWorld for all things PC!
——————————­—-
SUBSCRIBE: http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=PCWorldVideos
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/PCWorld/
TWITTER: https://www.twitter.com/pcworld
TWITCH: https://www.twitch.tv/pcworldus
WEBSITE: http://www.pcworld.com

13 thoughts on “New 8BitDo controllers at E3 2018: N30 Pro 2, SN30 Pro 2, SN30 Pro+, and Zero 2

• June 14, 2018 at 11:12

I don't know, new color schemes alone are not a purchase reason for me when i already have identical pads, probably the opposite i want the color schemes that look correct to the pad, the SNES pad should look like a SNES pad not something else. And the one new pad doesn't look like anything to me, might as well get a PlayStation or Xbox pad at that point. The SF30 Pro was cool because it was an updated SNES pad with more functionality… but without the proper color scheme and with those handles it doesn't look or feel like a retro controller anymore.
    Also weird that they removed all the NES/SNES looking controllers from their product website, like if they were scared of Big N sending the lawyers.
    Anyway i'm decked out with 3x SFC30 and 3x SF30 Pro (with the proper Euro color scheme) … just in case i need replacements in a few years and they are not selling them anymore.

I can not recommend the N30 style pads, they look cute but they are not practical, the analog sticks are just not big enough for any precise movement.
    It is more of a novelty because it is so small and has the retro color schemes…

• June 14, 2018 at 12:33

Lack of built in battery is a deal breaker unless the combined cost is lower than a wiiu pro controller

• June 14, 2018 at 13:44

I like their direction and variety … I own several revisions of their controllers (zero, nes30, sn30pro, 2 contollers for snes mini) all wonderful devices …now if they would make sega themed 😉

• June 14, 2018 at 15:18

Is it just me, or does the SN30+ kinda look like a PS1 controller? That’s awesome!

• June 14, 2018 at 16:46

Love these controllers, but I can't understand for the life of me why they continue to use glossy plastic for some of the parts.
    I own several 8bitdo controllers, but I stopped using them because I can't stand to play using the glossy plastic of the d-pad and front buttons.
    It's something that many manufacturers continue doing (microsoft with their xbox controller) and I can't stand it.
    Right now the only controller I enjoy using is the uber cheap EasySMX C3071, all matte plastic, none of that glossy greasy-sticky surface nonsense

• June 14, 2018 at 18:44

those big triggers say one thing to me ANALOG TRIGGERS!

• June 14, 2018 at 22:29

Very cool! Thanks for reviewing. I actually prefer the sn30 pro original because it's more compact and I can pack it away in my switch case

• June 16, 2018 at 12:04

The should make telescopic style controller for better use with smartphone.

• June 16, 2018 at 16:04

I JUST FUCKING BOUGHT THE SN30 PRO 🙁

• June 16, 2018 at 23:44

Ok so the new snes controller with the handles are ok, but the rest really feels redundant. Make a SEGA style one. A lot of people prefer that as it's much better for Genesis emulation and fighting games.