New iPhone features will be delayed for iOS 12 (Apple Byte)

Apple will focus on cleaning up its buggy iOS 11 and prioritize that over rolling out all-new features for iPhones in 2018. Also, Apple’s working on new Macs with new co-processors, and the HomePod is still available.

Subscribe to CNET: http://cnet.co/2heRhep
Check out our playlists: http://cnet.co/2g8kcf4
Download the new CNET app: https://cnet.app.link/GWuXq8ExzG
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cnet
Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cnet
Follow us on Instagram: http://bit.ly/2icCYYm

41 thoughts on “New iPhone features will be delayed for iOS 12 (Apple Byte)

• February 3, 2018 at 11:00

If it was car company who made cars shut down when they had 20-10% gas left, the company would go bust–you don't just do that!

• February 3, 2018 at 11:02

For me their production cut is a success for customers.  We don't need a phone with a lame notch and and invasive front facing sensor to succeed.

• February 3, 2018 at 11:05

HomePod I new music experience that listens to youuuuuuuuuu.  Spy ware that sounds goooood.  Is still spy ware.

• February 3, 2018 at 11:43

Would please help me to tell Apple to help me with iMessages i can’t get to them

• February 3, 2018 at 12:09

The homepod is only available to pre-order in 3 countries though – possible explanation for why pre orders haven't ran out yet

• February 3, 2018 at 12:13

Bro you’re such a hater , you’re making I big deal for a commercial

• February 3, 2018 at 18:01

I would like to update my iPhone or sync to iCloud over cellular

• February 3, 2018 at 20:05

No its not the worst or ugly ios 11 was actually good one my phone so that is a lie in fact its been getting much better since ios 11 now on ios 11.2.5

• February 3, 2018 at 20:56

My wig flew when Bryan screamed Ughhh I hate her sooo much! 😂💀

• February 3, 2018 at 23:48

no no no, I hated that "what's a computer" commercial first!  I almost ran out and bought an android!

• February 4, 2018 at 07:31

Actually over 285 billion in cash as of late earnings.

• February 4, 2018 at 10:23

I jumped ship to Android OS after 7 years being an apple fanboy 😏

• February 4, 2018 at 13:00

would you prefer your phone to get a little slower or die at 40% batterie?

• February 5, 2018 at 01:18

Why are there so many android fanboys on this video, it has nothing to do with android at all

• February 5, 2018 at 06:58

So when the iPhone Ⅺ (11) releases, it looks like no new features virtually at all will differentiate it over the current iPhone X. It's just going to be a more stable iPhone X. So it will yet again fall further behind Android. (Again)

And of course the Home Pod isn't sold out. That's because everyone knows it will be destroyed by the Google Home and Amazon Echo. The Home Pod can't do virtually anything these devices already can't do. It only supports IOS and doesn't support Android unlike the Google Home and Amazon Echo which both support IOS and Android. The Home Pod only supports Apple music services. Its way over priced. It's lacking its two biggest core functions Apple bragged about at launch until sometime later in the year. (Both of which are already supported by the competing Echo and Google Home.) The voice assistant Siri on Home Pod is several generations behind Alexa and Google Assistant. I think it will be DOA.

After all, first impressions are everything. And first impression is that it can't do anything the competition doesn't already do. And what it does do, the competition does better.

• February 5, 2018 at 11:11

For a second I thought he had a bald spot and were looking in the comments for roast

• February 5, 2018 at 17:03

I’d rather they take the time to do it right. I hope this is Apple getting back on track.

• February 6, 2018 at 17:29

Until now, I'm still having bugs with my yahoo mail on native Mail app.

• February 7, 2018 at 02:16

I’m is it me or does this guy haaaaaate on Apple constantly?!? Just watch one of the googlicious videos for comparison!

• February 7, 2018 at 17:50

I wished that Apple would allow Waze on Car Play!!

• February 8, 2018 at 17:23

You are such a fake news hater right now! Apple is not intentionally slowing down phones to drive upgrades. If they were the cpu slowdown would have been found on older phones and older iOS versions, which it has Not. Also, if Apple was driving upgrades then why would the cpu slowdown go away after installing a new battery???? You are reporting fake news like your parent company to drive clicks & ad revenue… hmm, hypocrite?

• February 8, 2018 at 18:53

You should change the name to The Apple Bash – it’s more appropriate!

• February 9, 2018 at 20:05

apple was slowing the phone down so it would just RANDOMLY SHUT TF DOWN bc the battery was mad old. SMH the amount of total morons who use so called smartphones is infuriating.

• February 9, 2018 at 20:08

I hate that little girl. Sorry but an iPad IS a computer. Can I render my images on it NO, but its still a computer…. "Whats a computer?" I wanna Rko that little troll whenever I see that ad……ugh

• February 17, 2018 at 12:42

If the update is a glorified bug fix why call it IOS 12 and not IOS 11.544356363 or whatever? Also why don't apple catch the bugs in beta testing? Why wait till a major release?

• March 31, 2018 at 11:05

Geek bench didn't prove that, if apple were to force upgrade then they would have let the phone die and not support old models at all, like android. Lot's of bull shit from apple byte

• April 5, 2018 at 17:23

Um you made a video stating you are going to venture out on ur own why are u back on CNET

• April 13, 2018 at 05:31

So where’s dark mode and am I the only one who still wants that or ?

• April 13, 2018 at 15:45

Cool video🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

• April 16, 2018 at 10:38

Add me on SC: @Koplexiss and I will add you back 😎

• April 16, 2018 at 20:36

Funny how I remember that CNET was already praising IOS 11 🤣 what a whack tech news is this.

• April 29, 2018 at 22:48

The bad apple joke is no longer funny. The poo emoj sums up everything from the products to the politics.