Apple’s Q1 earnings show that iPhone sales are healthy, but they still missed expectations. Also, iOS 12 will delay new features in favor of focusing on performance improvements, and Mario Kart is coming! In 2019.

iPhone X is the top seller, but total iPhone sales take a step back (Apple Byte Extra Crunchy Podcast, Ep. 117): https://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-x-is-the-top-seller-but-total-iphone-sales-take-a-step-back-apple-byte-extra-crunchy-podcast-ep-117/

Subscribe to CNET: http://cnet.co/2heRhep
Check out our playlists: http://cnet.co/2g8kcf4
Download the new CNET app: https://cnet.app.link/GWuXq8ExzG
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cnet
Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cnet
Follow us on Instagram: http://bit.ly/2icCYYm

28 thoughts on “Apple’s iPhone sales fall short of expectations (Apple Byte Extra Crunchy, Ep. 117)

• February 2, 2018 at 04:04

This is so hard to believe because apple sells alot of phones beyond iPhone X . Fake News

• February 2, 2018 at 05:06

I did like the iPhone 8 more never felt the need to upgrade to either of them. Having to pay for 1k not wasting time or money on iPhone X

• February 2, 2018 at 05:40

big miss! 13%up yoy and extra 20bn for the quarter. i wll take a miss like that!

• February 2, 2018 at 06:38

Congrats Apple, 77 million iPhones sold in Q1. Nobody can touch that

• February 2, 2018 at 07:47

They sold like 1% percent less phones, but made way more revenue. Sounds like a win to me.

• February 2, 2018 at 08:05

I'm sure the X is a nice phone. I bought the Note 8 for $650 though. The iPhone X is not hundreds of dollars better.

• February 2, 2018 at 08:33

People realizing that apple is junk especially for that price??? NO way! There is hope for humanity after all!

• February 2, 2018 at 09:00

I’m getting the HomePod when I get my tax refund. Very cautious. I’m an Apple fan, I already have Apple Music, and I have no other assistants. If I’m not impressed, I’ll take it back. But I’m definitely going to give it a try

• February 2, 2018 at 09:28

iPhone is not selling well? Hmm… I wonder why? 💸💸
    In my country (Portugal) the base model is 1464 dollars. Just the phone! No Thanks!!!

• February 2, 2018 at 10:03

The headphone jack isn’t coming back! Hell even even google took it out of the pixel so can we just move on and use the damn dongle or buy some wireless headphones and move on with life! ITS NOT COMING BACK!!!

• February 2, 2018 at 11:15

'oh its phone upgrade time, maybe I will get an apple, oh no wait I would need to lay down 300 upfront and then pay 40 a month more than any other phone. no thanks.'

• February 2, 2018 at 14:45

I have my iPhone X and I’m screaming “Hey SIRI” and it doesn’t respond, so how would the HomePod correct this. I believe people will easily get annoyed with this to interact with SIRI on the HomePod.

• February 2, 2018 at 15:38

You downplay the extra billion they made but exaggerated the 1% difference in sales lol. 14 weeks vs 13 weeks.

• February 2, 2018 at 15:41

They might have to put two Face ID sensors (one horizontal and the other vertical) on the iPad Pro

• February 2, 2018 at 18:17

I love that Brian is always objective when it comes to Apple. Too many of these Apple tech talk shows sound like "apple fan boys/gals" who defend Apple for anything they do, or ignore their errors.

• February 2, 2018 at 19:40

I still don't think the lower sales for the X has affected their bottom line. At least not yet.

• February 2, 2018 at 21:44

MAYBE THOSE GREEDY MUTHAFUCKAS SHOULD LOWER THE PRICE. THEN THEY CAN SELL SOME🖕🏽

• February 2, 2018 at 22:15

Man, SCREW whoever it was that came up with that stupid “What’s a computer?” ad! That has to be the most condescending, infuriating ad I’ve ever seen since Samsung made that one ad that threw shade at all of Apple’s iPhones all the way to the X and it’s Notch. I mean that one annoyed me, but not as much as Apple did with their ad! Whoever came up with that needs to be reprimanded and given a reality check.

• February 2, 2018 at 22:58

I was waiting for the mba successor but apple probably it's going to have the corage to do something "apple" and f it up, so I'll go with the new dell xps 15 2 -1or the hp spectre 2-1.

• February 2, 2018 at 23:23

Hey Brian and Beech …. I had an iPhone 6 then gave it to my mom since she wanted a smart phone. We contacted Apple to get a replacement battery. Apple got back to us and said it the battery will be available in March / April. Bad Apple??? What do you think? – Cheers Rick (S.Clara CAL)

• February 3, 2018 at 08:54

And you guys are worried about Apple lol. I think that Apple doesn’t care that much about stock market than pure cash flow coming in their bank accounts. In a couple of years they can buy a smaller country and all that comes within.

• February 5, 2018 at 13:07

Im a iPhone user and tbh they might be right when they say Face ID is "safer" than Touch ID but what I don't agree with is them shoving it down our throats. They had the ability to included Touch ID but choose not to. So ill be sticking with my 7 Plus for another year and see what Android comes up with

• February 7, 2018 at 20:38

Apple currently has their Steve Balmer….now they need their Satya Nadella.

• March 1, 2018 at 05:15

Follow up to my phone call about the 200 gigs of lost data. Apple called me not long after this episode came out and said that they think they found the problem and are going to attempt a repair. They also said please make sure you have a backup of your 200 gigs before we attempt the repair. 🤨