Car Tech – 2014 Chevrolet Impala

The 2014 Chevrolet Impala is not your low-riding, grandfather-driving, rental-car-roaming vehicle anymore. In fact it’s now a nicely appointed vehicle with a pretty good motor attached to it.

49 thoughts on “Car Tech – 2014 Chevrolet Impala

• August 2, 2013 at 01:07

Looks good but the rear end is little bit odd. Kinda remind me of Older Kia Optima

• August 7, 2013 at 03:45

I like this new Impala I wish it came with RWD at least

• August 8, 2013 at 00:44

lol I'm driving this car as a rental car.. hahaa it's affordable..

• August 15, 2013 at 07:01

You can't get this as a rental, the 2014 impalas that will be rentals will still be the old form factor.

• August 20, 2013 at 00:19

Looks great on the outside. The opposite is true on the inside…

• August 23, 2013 at 00:16

Rental companies will have a limited amount of this body style. Just drove one.

• September 1, 2013 at 03:10

I love the commercial John legend did for this car,John legend – made for love

• September 10, 2013 at 19:01

This car is really nice. Sat in one at a car show, HOWEVER, too much of the old Impala bleeding through. Keep the rear camera and the MyLink that is slow (and will no doubt be frustrating), in addition this is not a Driver's Car. For $32K, no thanks GM. Close but no cigar.

• September 25, 2013 at 08:21

A similar sized Infiniti or Mercedes would be pushing $60K.

• October 19, 2013 at 17:05

what ever happen to a simple car that gets you from point a to point b. I don't care about all the cool new age crap inside its just extra money.

• November 10, 2013 at 12:48

American cars: total shit, as usual

• November 26, 2013 at 01:08

Anything positive you have to say about this car? You seem so negitive.

• December 18, 2013 at 23:03

DID HE SAY 21MPG =( thats worse than 2008 model. My 2008 is well kept and gets about 24miles per gallon and thats with 22s on it. SMH on 21mpg

• February 8, 2014 at 22:05

They should project this car as much as they can to impala 67'

• February 15, 2014 at 05:57

Yet again, why I havent bought an american car in 16 years. Boring Design, and FANCY, gaudy interiors and exteriors. Just always missing the mark. Who makes these decisions and say, okay, yeah, thats sweet. Are they suffering from some vision issue. Just horrible designs and terrible packaging. Still can buy a foreign car that gives you more bang for the buck.

• February 17, 2014 at 03:25

Awesome car. Actually, if you're driving with cruise control on and the forward collision warning activates, it will disengage the cruise control.

• February 18, 2014 at 21:36

Brian Cooley is an awesome critic…entertaining while informing!  CNET dont let this guy go!

• February 24, 2014 at 03:34

You people call in this car crap are ignorant as shit

• March 15, 2014 at 07:01

He's the only person I've heard saying so many bad things about this car when really it's the best car in its class. Definitely better than a Ford or toyota as far as space, comfort, looks, luxury, safety, and kind of everything. Juss sayin.

• September 6, 2015 at 19:55

The front of this car is definitely good looking, like a transformer. The rear is just bland and ugly. Wish Chevy made it look a bit more aggressive.

• October 21, 2015 at 11:36

My first car is a 2007 Chevy Impala SS, and when it's time to get a new car I will definitely stick with the Impala's. It's sad they have not made any SS version since 2007 I love mine

• October 21, 2015 at 20:59

the 3.6 is plenty powerful in this car…people complaining that this car sucks probably never drove .one or better yet never seen one up close..I personally own one a champaign metallic silver 2lt..love the car

• December 28, 2015 at 06:04

so ummm yea, let's talk about BMW and the recall……holding back numbers????

• May 2, 2018 at 04:47

I just bought a used 2017 LT. I really like it. Yes it drives ultra smooth and quiet but that is exactly what I want.
    I have the 2.5L 4cyl. It has 197 HP and it's more than adequate for me. I rarely have to put my foot in it.

• May 10, 2018 at 05:59

So my take is GM attempted to copy the Taurus and failed in all areas except the exterior this car reminds me of my 13 Taurus